Are you a games developer using the Unity engine to bring your magnum opus to life? Have you looked at your project’s layers and realised they’re complete nonsense? Have you had to make the choice between ignoring the mess or spending days going through every scene, prefab and asset to update them to something better? Well now that choice has been made for you and there is a better way:
- Backup your project (this is step 1 in every process. Right? Right?).
- Grab the Layer Manager from the asset store here.
- Reorder, rename and merge your layers as you see fit.
- Let the Layer Manager update all your scenes, prefabs and assets.
- Check everything is how you expected.
- Remove the Layer Manager from your project.
- Crack on with making the best game ever.